Monday, April 30, 2007

How would plants grow if there were no light?

then your righteousness will go before you

The idea of righteousness going before us is what I seem to be meditation on recently. especially after prom. Now, maybe I'm just square, but at prom that verse is all that I could think about in relation to my actions. There'd be be times when I'd be dancing with someone to a song full of scum and all of a sudden that verse would be breathed into my head. It'd make me stop and think "Is the way I'm dancing and the music I'm dancing to glorifying God? Can I call this worship? Is this Holy?". And there'd be times I had to sit down and think about it.
Because, thing is, we gave up the right to behave the way we want when we (that's a lot of Ws) recognized our bodies as temples of God, not as our own. Had I been dancing (if that's what you could call it) the same way everyone else in that room had, would I be allowing God's righteousness go ahead of me? Would my light be breaking forth like the dawn? Or would I just look like every other kid in the room, dancing with someone the same way the couple in the corner did before they go to the backseat of their dad's cars.
Maybe that was harsh of me to say, but I think it needs to be said. In a situation like that, full of darkness, it's our JOB to radiate light. To be seen as righteous and holy. Ephesions says "Let no hint of sexual immorality be among you...because these are improper for God's holy people". NO HINT. Therefore, if you believe the scriptures and have the light of the Lord in you, you shouldn't be oozing sexuality the way most kids of this generation love to. You AREN'T those kids, you're God's Holy People.
And ladies, do you really want to look that way? Like an object? Because trust me, at this age, a boy's horomones will see you as nothing but that if you give them reason to. It's not holy love to let him touch you like that, it's selfish using.
And gentlemen, why would you put yourself in that situation? To be able to touch your sister in Christ in an unholy way or to let your horomones take over your actions.
Because I thought the point of Christianity meant fighting against our human instinct. Which is to slap back when someone hits us, to argue fruitlessly, to hate those who wrong us and to let our horomones dictate that way we treat eachother-physically or not.
If you're clothed in Christ, you're setting the example of what holiness looks like. It's not okay for people to see us a part of the world, because the world hates us. In every action we make, God can use us to bring His kingdom, to express his love for others. How is he supposed to act out his love if we're letting the world see us acting in lust?
Let the world see you as PURE not filty with sin like it is! Show it the potential of healing! Of cleansing! How will they be taught Holiness if they see no one acting in it?!

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

You're bigger than this. You know it, I know it. Now start acting it.
Let your righteousness go before you and your light break forth, don't hide it under a basket.
Be made clean, be pure, set an example.

I love you.
Grace.
Caitlyn (which means purity in hebrew)

1 comments :

  1. Michelle Latour said...

    Well said cait...definately better than i said it...hopefully it works out better for you.