Friday, January 05, 2007

You need God, not oxygen.

Today was intense. The Spirit decided to come hang out with me in my room.
So I'm just like, in my room after a TERRIFIC Hosanna right? Rockin out to some Paramore, as usual. And I was singing My Heart at the top of my lungs, because I usually do that. And all of a sudden I get slammed with the Spirit. Like, hardcore. Had, what I guess could be best described as, a series of tiny Glory fits or something, it was intense. I just sat crying and praying and prophesying for like, 2 hours.
I don't even know, but I haven't felt like that in months.
At Hosanna today, I started talking to the girls about my experiances at Consumed, which is weird, because for a long time I was in a place, theologically, that made me think I wasn't ready to understand what happened. Maybe I took a lesson from Billy Booth and stopped caring about theology and only reading into the Spirit and the Word. That was the first time I saw Faytene Kriskow speak (pretty much life-changing or whatever), first time I ever experianced glory gold-dust, first time I ever witnessed tounges or learned anything about demons and how they can effect us in this world.
I remember one night, we threw open the doors of the church and spilled out into the parking lot dancing our hearts out and throwing ourselves at Jesus' feet.
Consumed and Avalanche, those were crazy freakin weekends. I love the CFC crew.
I'm doing History Maker again this year, mostly stoked because my lovely Mennonite soulmates from Neighborhood are coming with us.

So maybe the War College won't get off my heart lately, and maybe all the mystery TWC kids posting on my blog are making my day. Maybe I really, really need to apply there, my mom is suprised I haven't already.

And EVERYBODY has to go pick up The Irrisistable Revolution - Living as an Ordinary Radical by Shane Claiborne. I picked it up a few days ago and have read it 3 times. If you have any hesitation towards the idea that God calls us to truly become the least in this world, you'll have some new ideas after readin his prophetic words.

ALSO
be SURE to check out the Nanaimo OTHERS group blog!
www.thesalvationarmyothers.blogspot.com
AND the PRAYER BLOG (and NOT just because I run it)
www.saothersprayer.blogspot.com

I love
you all.
Grace and peace be yours .


<3 style="font-weight: bold;">

0 comments :