Sunday, January 07, 2007

Grace remix.

I finally got around to messing around with this one, and I'm much more pleased with it now.
It still needs a name.


So you're sitting here, sitting and crying
and I'll take your indignant silence as prayer, girl.
You're saying you're weak, we both know you're lying
let's talk this out, because by sunrise I need you out in the world.

I'm burned and I'm breaking,
I'm in the wilderness, I'm in the rain,
I'm scared and I'm hurting,
Lost, dying and dirty.
Why are they always so strong?
Why am I always alone?
why do they get to cast out what is wrong?
And why do I get attacked and beg to come home?

Listen, kid
you won't ever get to be the strong one.
You'll always be breaking; and it'll be worth it in the long run.
And I want you here, I want you home too
but your brothers and sisters, I need them to come with you.

So fix me now
I'm not okay and my world is upside-down
I need to feel okay again,
Because I don't know how much longer I can go without your rain.

Holy yourself up, doll, then we'll talk complete healing
but there's things in this world that deserve your grieving

Yeah okay, I get that
but would you mind explaining to me
how everything falls so easily?
Why you allowed death on this planet and then put me here
and now you expect me to hope in you, and somehow not fear?
and how come you, in infinite wisdom-

Slow down, babydoll, let's take this one at a time
first, It's not your job to be strong
it's mine.
And death will always follow you, always be on your back
but I promise you'll find life in me, that I'll give you anything you lack

I get that, I trust you, I'm sorry Dad
I know I need to wait on you and put my life in your hands
I'll wait for healing, just please
stay with me

Remember what I told your brother Joshua all those years ago?
I'll never foresake you nor forget you
Now go.
Your knees must ache from all this kneeling,
and those wounds in your heart will take time healing;
but I promise I'll fix you, these wounds I'll heal into scars.
I give you peace and grace, free you from sin's iron bars.
the world doesn't need to see you being strong
They need to see me holding you, and you singing my songs.