Monday, December 04, 2006

First draft, therefore unnamed

So you're sitting here, sitting and crying
and I'll take your indignant silence as prayer, girl .
You're saying you're weak, we both know you're lying
let's talk this out, let's step out of this world.

I'm burned, I'm breaking,

I'm in the wilderness, I'm in the rain,
I'm scared and I'm hurting,
Lost, dying and dirty.
Why are they always so strong?
Why am I always alone?
why do they get to cast out what is wrong?
And why do I get attacked and beg to come home?

Listen, kid
you won't ever get to be the strong one.

You'll always be breaking; and it'll be worth it in the long run.
And I want you here, I want you home too
but your brothers and sisters, I need them to come with you.


So fix me, now
I'm not okay and my world is upside-down
I need to feel okay again.

Holy yourself up, doll, then we'll talk complete healing
but there's things in this world that deserve your grieving

Yeah okay, I get that
but would you mind explaining to me
how everything falls so easily?
How you built this earth and put me here
and now you expect me to hope and look up
and pretend it doesn't hurt to be here?
and how come you, in infinite wisdom-

Slow down, babydoll, let's take this one at a time
first, It's not your job to be strong
it's mine.
I designed you like this, you're fragile
when I put you back together, people will see it and understand
that I am more than mortal man.
Things fall apart easily
because things here are temporary
and the things that will last won't fall
but those things require a lot, you need to give them your all

I get that, I trust you, I'm so sorry Dad
I'll wait out this hurt, put my life in your hands
I'll wait for healing, just please
stay with me

I'll never forget you nor forsake you, kid
But while you're here,
while you're still kneeling with me
all eyes are on you now,
and they don't need to see you being strong.
So when you get up, and leave this place, carry on
with these wounds, which I'll heal into scars
And my children will see them, and will remember me
of the life I promised. No broken hearts.

ENDING UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    amazing.