Friday, November 03, 2006

your cheers and laugher will linger here

Dear blog:
SECOND BASE IS AWESOME
3kmenzies

I have nothing of importance to say.

This poem is by Taylor Craig.

I do
well I am a firm believer
that there is no place to go but up
and moreso, once you get there you need to
keep moving
don't slow down
don't break
don't hesitate to speak you mind
as long as your mouth or hand jestures
can keep up
or if the flutter of your eyelashes
could bring a city down in a quarter minute flat

but your eyes and that city aren't what this is about

I've been here for twenty-three seconds, give or
take seven
and I've come to realise more and more that
wherever we are, the people just don't
give a shit (or really do) or fall
right in the middle of the two

and, well; twenty some odd seconds isn't long enough
for a fair assessment really.
so I'll sit back, relax and wait a while longer
because that's what I'm doing right now,
and I really don't want to move.

maybe I'll listen;
maybe not learn, but listen.
listening doesn't take movement, or more specifically me moving;
just noise.
and I might even learn, because they talk too much
or not enough
or bitch a lot
or try to sound much smarter than they are
or give themselves away as foolish
and maybe they aren.
because I've learned that foolish is who we are,
and they're telling the truth when they say that,

"it's really not okay,
you'll fuck up a lot more and
maybe you'll learn; but
after a while, it's just not okay."

But no one says that.
-Taylor Craig

1 comments :

  1. sreno7 said...

    do you mean second base like most people mean second base, like not in a ball game?