Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Poetry for Warriors and Lovers.

SO, a lot of you know about my recent love affair with Sikhism.
I freakin love Sikhs. If , for some reason, I was required to join a new religion, I would be a Sikh in a second.
Too bad I love Jesus Christ like crazy, hey?
Seriously though, tomorrow my religions class is going to the Sikh temple on Prudieux St. and I am damn stoked.
I'm gonna have to get some hardcore discernment though. For instance, to enter the temple, my head must be covered. I will put on whatever they need for me to enter out of respect. The next thing I'll need to do is get on my knees and touch my forehead to the ground. That's where I get a litt concerned.
If it's a respect issue, no problem, I'll do it with Christ on my heart. If it's a worship custom, I'm going to have to rely on God's guidance.
Sikhs believe that they and christians believe in the same God, so I don't know if they'll understand that I don't feel comfortable in some practices.
I just love Sikhs.

I wrote something new today, but I'm not sure if I'll post it. It's really my current heart on paper, so I don't care if it's good, it felt amazing to get off my shoulders and onto the lines pages.
I'm gonna start collecting my poetry into a portfolio. It's usually posted online somewhere, but I should be keeping original drafts and poetic scribbles and possible lines in a folder. I made one today. It's a folder and I glued a collage onto the front that says "Poetry for Warriors and Lovers".
I like it.

Freakin stoked about the temple tomorrow, Bible study was sensational tonight, I love everything and everyone.
Pray for guidance for my week and that I may be able to prioritize and STOP STRESSING.

Peace.
<3

0 comments :