Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thinking about golden crowns and white gowns.

In the dreams, I am wearing white and you are nowhere in sight.
I sit alone by clear pools, hesitant to move,
assured of your presance and your love for sinners and fools.
The waters shine upwards to the sky, shining down
and I catch the reflection of you beside me,
adorning me with an ornate crown.

Your voice rushes through the leaves in the oak trees
and speaks to me, saying,

"You are never forgotten, never foresaken,
and never from your saviours hand shall you be taken
You, with me, are one for eternity; you have been atoned for
and here in quiet beauty we will forever rest, in the valley of Achor."

2 comments :

  1. Mahala Sarah Woodford said...

    I love you Caitlyn Spence and how God is moving in your life.
    I love your strength and the humble way you carry yourself. I love you laugh and your jokes that I always find funny... and that when you don't find my jokes funny you still laugh.
    I loved hearing you speak about the hours you spend in prayer each day. You always leave me in awe. I thank God every day that you are in my life. I thank Him for your passion and your blunt deliverance of truth.
    Thank you for being my devoted friend.
    Thank you for your words.
    They make my heart sing.

  2. Captivated said...

    This is BEAUTIFUL! I thank God for you Caitlyn Spence.