Sunday, October 12, 2008

O the Spirit of Adoption!

I'm in Nanaimo! How lovely to be back at my home corps for the weekend! Though my officers are on furlough, it was delightful to see the saints I was raised fighting with. The corps is operating terrifically, many of the soldiers - old and young - stepping into their calling and wearing their uniforms and rank with holy pride. I thought I'd write out a list of things I adore about Nanaimo Corps:

  • Steadfast, holy, sanctified soldiers who treat any saint or prodigal who walks through the doors as their own family.
  • Glory flags.
  • An excellent mixture of contemporary and traditional Army worship songs.
  • The diversity of the corps' ages, yet the unison of their love for one another
  • The well-worn Mercy seat and Holiness table
  • The cacophony that rages every time everyone tries to off-beat clap
  • The cookies
  • The way the corps itself is run, the ranks of the soldiers being well-distributed amongst the corps and embraces local officership. (It was great to come back and see everyones new trim.)
I adore the Nanaimo Corps and all the things Christ is doing there. And what a blessing it is to have War College students and youth from my corps joining with my family's celebration of thanksgiving! Family has to be one of the most beautiful things on the planet.
Want to be part of an amazing family? Join the family of God!

0 comments :