Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The tear gas burns our eyes.

Okayso. A lot (some) of you know about the crap that went down last week. I'm not gonna go into it, but dude that was some scary stuff. Some of you saw me acting sketchy early in the week, some of you talked to me the night that I almost fell. Damn, that was scary. Just thank you guys so much for your prayers and constant faith. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to do now. People keep saying that I'm doing something right if I'm sketching satan out that bad, but I think I really need to lay off for a bit.
"Go, consecrate the people. Tell them, 'Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow; for this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: That which is devoted is among you, O Israel. You cannot stand against your enemies until you remove it."- Josh 7:13
that really spoke to me these past few days. I just spent a week attempting to do God's work with some lameo demon taggin around behind me, and I chose not to tell him to screw off and go back to where he came. That was a bad choice. I crashed and I got burned because I tried to do it all by myself.
Faith doesn't come as fast or easy as I'd like it to. It's a journey and a constant process, the benefits of which are not to be reaped in this life.
Or maybe they kinda are, depending how you look at it or who you ask.

So here we go. A period of consecration. Forcing myself to slow down, be still, and know that He is God. Starting right now.
This is already hard.

To the Hosanna Bible Girls: I'm changing our routine a little bit. We'll talk it out on Thursday. It includes less Quest videos and more scripture. Crazy idea for a Bible study, hey?
To Nicole Brindle: I nexus-messaged you about possibly going to Vancouver this coming weekend, I don't know if you got it yet. I'm game if you are.
To Shawn, Taylor, Carlye and all those who prayed the crap out of me last week: Thank you so much. Be so blessed, I love you like craazy.
To Mike: I have faith in you, God has faith in you. If you're heart is calling you to start this youth church, I'm behind you and beside you all the way.
To Jen: Stop panicking, breathe. Read the Word, a lot and with all you have. You can fight this.
To satan: Step off of God's real estate.
To God: I love you. Thank you. You're ridiculously sweet and I'll choose to believe you can and will heal these wounds.
To Counting Heartbeats: I listened to Joy on repeat the other night until I cried out all the junk I needed to with God.
To Ryan: You're missed, but I don't hate you anymore. I'm still angry, but I forgive you.
To whomever else passes these words: I love you and God loves you. Be blessed.

This battle will be fought until we're called home. The only way we lose is if we all drop arms and turn around. I'm not. I almost did, but I won't. Stay here with me.

When your body wants to run but your heart knows your better than that.
The blood you spill on battlefields I promise you will not go unspent.

Neither will I leave you stranded. The promise rings as our battle cry.
You're never alone, regardless of doubt
but faith comes so easy to some.
-
The Classic Crime, Warrior Poet

Peace, Grace, Love and Faith in abundance.
<3

0 comments :