Monday, October 16, 2006

Startin'er up. For serious this time.

Okay, so.
Seeing as how this is my first official blog post, I should intro myself or something.
I'm Caitlyn. I'm a Salvationist Soldier and pretty much dig God a lot.
I do neat things, I lead a Bible study for kids and one for teen girls. I don't have too many friends, but I have a heck of a lot of best friends.
I freeze grapes, and they taste amazing; I dance with big flags and I write essays for fun.
I write poetry and I suck at drawing. I have a passion for conversation and teaching and view articulation as an art.
I fight with my civ teacher a lot, but we're really best friends.

Actual blog:
This summer, God called me to step it up. Those of you who know me saw the change. I was given a passion for the unloved and the poor in spirit and basically everything that Jesus wanted us to have passion for. Apathy was a huge problem before the summer, I was very: "What is God gonna do for me today now that I'm living for him?". But he gave me the spirit of service that I needed and set a fire under me.
He gave me a passion for spiritual warfare and taught me that there is more to being a warrior than fighting my own personal sin. He taught me about things that had to be done in both Nanaimo and Victoria. He gave me hope, he gave me fire, he gave me amazing relationships and connections and strength that I am more than a little bit undeserving of.
I learned that nothing is impossible and that there's more to life than I've always been told there was. That I'm meant for more than waking up, getting a steady career and dying. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
He taught me I was meant to do something way bigger than myself, tha Holiness and revival are coming and that moments spent on the beach in prayer are some of the most well-spent minutes of the day.

Camp is in 4 days. I'm supposed to talk to some people about The War College cause I kinda maybe feel like dropping everything and going there. Who knows.

If they said 40 years, I would die before I let them take
the love that I have paid for with my tears.
And now the time has come to cut our tongues out
And commit ourselves, as you did in your memory.

We'll tear down the walls and let them know
We could have it all, we could have some hope
This city could be ours by nightfall
We'll tear down the walls and let them know
We could have it all, we could have some hope
This city could be ours by nightfall
-The Classic Crime, Bitter Uprising.

Peace.

2 comments :

  1. Victory of the People said...

    woot woot! love what you had to post!

  2. Victory of the People said...

    ya know startin'er up...usually mean to keep it started!

    haha lol

    see ya tomorow !!!