Monday, June 08, 2009

Twelve Dancing Princesses

In writing class a couple of years ago, we had to write poems inspired by fairy tales. I wrote this one based on the story of the Twelve Dancing Princesses.
I don't really know why I'm posting it; I just like it.

OH! And how my feet do ache by morn
And how the sisters’ shoes lay worn
And by come evening, in the dead day’s dusk
There are king’s sons heads gone from bodies

Because oh! While they slept and slumbered so
We escaped and danced under leaves of gold
And if, for one night, we stayed at home
One more man might have lived.

But the title of heir is too great to decline
And the mystery of where 24 feet escape in the night
Too great to forget
Despite lost heads.

Girls, for the price of shoes and boy’s lives we dance.

2 comments :

  1. Victory of the People said...

    are you at work?

  2. Alberta Rockstar said...

    I really love this poem... and it reflects the story nicely in my opinion